Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Someone told us we have Elvis under our floorboards!"

Just got back from day-tripping to the Scottish Borders, Melrose Abbey, and Rosslyn Chapel.  I'm going to hold off on doing a full write-up until I'm able to post photos; but for now, I'll say that the Borders are lovely in a way that's completely different from the Highlands.  Something about them reminds me of the foothills of the Appalachians - not the Apps themselves, but the country leading up to them.  Oh, and that in a typical case of Scottish Weather, in literally the time it took for me to climb the stairs to the top of the tower at Melrose Abbey, the weather went from sunny and blue skies, to rainy and windy.  Eff.

Moving into a flat tomorrow!  At least I assume I am, because no one has called or emailed me to say "Sorry, there's been a mistake," or "Whoops, we gave you a flat that's already taken, can you move into this other one on November 19th," &tc.  I'll be convinced this is really happening when I roll up to Balfour Street tomorrow at 10am and Joe Whatshisname is there with a key and a lease agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...