Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I've got a place to live!

The lease agreement and keys are in my hand, so I officially have a place to live as of yesterday!  The majority of my belongings are safely ensconced there, and the rest are here with me at the hostel.  The day after I get back from this trip, I'm moving into my permanent accomodations, just a few blocks up from where I am now.  Given the circumstances, everything has worked out quite elegantly.  I intended to try to open a bank account yesterday, but they have these little things called bank holidays in this country, and apparently yesterday was one.  Schwoops.  Guess it'll have to wait until I get back.

And now I'm off on a 10-day jaunt around the highlands and islands of Scotland!  My cell phone will likely be off most of the time, and I'm not taking my laptop at all.  I will have plenty to write about when I get back, and also PICTURES!

Cheers, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...