Sunday, April 15, 2012

Assessments: The continuing saga.

Team Dynamics and Peak Performance papers are turned in.  Trying to work on my research proposal now.  By the way, I HAVE A TITLE!  It shall be revealed in due course.

It is very strange to think that there are only two more papers standing between me and a masters degree, and I'm turning one of them in on Monday.

I viewed a flat today.  Hilariously enough, it is in the exact same building as one of the flats I viewed back in August.  And it is PERFECT.  Right next to Holyrood Park, with a view of Arthur's Seat from the bedroom, which is huge and has its own ensuite bathroom.  15-20 minute walk from my school.  4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, rather than the 6-bedroom 2-bathroom monstrosity where I'm living now.  The only snag?  I'd only be able to stay there until late July, because the agency that owns it is letting it out to tourists for the month of August.  I could potentially lease it again from September onwards, but that leaves me with the problem of finding alternate accommodation during the month of August, while the population of Edinburgh is swollen to at least twice its normal size because of the Festival and the Tattoo, while simultaneously trying to finish my thesis.  Not a prospect I relish.  But dammit, I want that flat.  I'm considering just planning to move there in September instead, which will be easier logistically, but that won't solve my problem of wanting to get out of this place, or the girl who showed me the room's problem of needing someone to take over her lease.  And dammit, I WANT THAT FLAT.

Family is coming to visit in less than a week!  I am going to eat so much food!

Finally, Titanic.  100 years ago today.  Requiescat in pace. 

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...