Thursday, September 8, 2011

RIP camera. :(

I'm back from my trip around the highlands and islands.  It was as lovely and spectacular as I knew it would be, and I will once again use this blog to pimp Wild in Scotland - this is how it's done, people.  I'm hoping to do a big write-up about this trip (as well as the Rabbie's trip from a couple of weeks ago), but for the moment two things are holding me back.  Firstly, my power cord has taken it into it's head to misbehave more than usual and I'm currently typing one-handed while the other hand holds it *just* so.  Secondly, I dropped my digital camera over a waterfall at our final stop before Edinburgh today.  Nearly 800 photos, documenting my first three weeks in Scotland: GONE.  Admittedly, I have other pics of most of the places I went from other, previous visits to Scotland, but not all of them.  In particular, there were some outstanding pics from the Eildon Hills, a couple of walks on Skye and Lewis, and all the documentation of my personal Triple Crown of Lunacy Involving Very Cold Water, which I am not going to be able to replace, and which I'm completely devastated to have lost.

SO.  I'm holding off until I can borrow some pics from my new friends from the trip, because I would really like to accompany my trip entries with photos.

And now I'm going to go grieve my camera some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...