Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weekend plans and thoughts on the weather.

It's the first day of February, and every weekend this month is already full:

February 4-5: Sue's birthday and Kelley's superbowl party (go Giants!)
February 10-12: Glasgow, for Tony's gig and Anna's birthday
February 18-19: Netherlands, for Shaina's gig (haven't officially booked this yet, but will today or tomorrow)
February 24-26: Tracey will be here, and I'm taking her on a WIS trip.

I figure it's time to start filling March up as well.  I'm going to reach out to family in Nottingham and see if there's a good weekend for me to visit, and I'd also like to finally make my Mull/Iona/Staffa trip happen, possibly around March 22-26 or so.  And March 31 is my birthday, and it's on a Saturday this year!  Plus, my parents, uncle, and grandmother are all coming in the second half of April, and after I show them around Edinburgh for a few days, we're all going to Wales.  I don't know whether my social calendar has ever been this full, and I love it!

We've had a rare string of sunny days lately, but the tradeoff is that it's been very cold.  Paradoxically, the temperature tends to drop when the sun is out this time of year.  But the daylight hours have been getting steadily longer!  Sunset this morning was at 8:08am, and sunset tonight is at 4:45pm.  Sunset will be after 5:00 again in two weeks or so.  My mood is noticeably improved, and I figure once we get into March, I'll be able to stop taking my vitamin D.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...