Friday, January 27, 2012

Reading, reading, reading!

The Dissertation is officially on the radar.  We had our first briefing meeting about it on Monday.  General advice was to plan well, pool resources with other classmates when possible, and ultimately, "Change the world with your career, don't try to change it with your MSc dissertation."  Everyone is supposed to have nebulae forming by approximately the second week of February.

On the subject of school, I got an astonishingly high mark on the complete and utter nonsense that was my pro skills paper, so I'm on track to meet my goal of all B's or better.  I have also been exceptionally studious this week.  Only two papers left to read for next Tuesday.

In fact, I've been reading everything voraciously this week.  I finished Catching Babies today and I should be finishing A Clash of Kings in the next day or two.  George RR Martin is SUCH A GOOD WRITER.  I read over 100 pages of that book yesterday alone, mostly comprised of the Battle of Blackwater Rush.  Could not put it down when I got to that part.

I have no plans this weekend, but every weekend in February looks to be full.  I guess I'll take the opportunity to read, read, read some more!

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...