Monday, February 6, 2012

Sports, sports, and more sports.

I spent most of this weekend at the pub, watching grown men pummel each other on live television.  Saturday was the England vs. Scotland rugby game, and yesterday of course was the Superbowl.  I almost understand rugby now.  It's kind of similar to American football, but there is no padding, the game doesn't stop when someone gets tackled, and you can only throw the ball to someone behind you.  Scotland lost, despite being ahead at halftime and having possession of the ball for about 60% of the game.  I only watched the first half of the Superbowl, because the pub closed at 1am.  They didn't show any of the commercials, but instead cycled through the same three UK commercials all night.  The Giants won!  YAY!!!

In my leasing agency's latest fit of asshattery, they've given the keys to some of our neighbors who apparently have a broken shower, so there have been random people traipsing in to use the shower (and also the toilet.  I swear, I'm going to have to start hoarding my toilet paper).  We are all quite perturbed by this, since no one told us about this and our permission wasn't asked, and I know Vicki left our leasing agent an angry message last night around dinnertime.  I have actually decided to stay on here beyond my 6-month lease, since the mouse problem seems to have cleared up (touch wood), but I'm still keeping half an eye on other places.

The sun rose before 8:00 this morning.  Huzzah!

Cheers, y'all.

EDIT: Almost forgot - happy 60 years on the throne, QEII!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...