Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Staying On Top Of Things.

Just when I thought I was over this cold, I woke up this morning with a sore throat.  Like, the kind with giant globs of nastiness built up at the back of the nasal cavity.  Yeegh.  And I really need to not be sick right now, because I really need to do some dissertation reading this week.  Because if it isn't done by Saturday, it ain't getting done, what with this trip to the Netherlands and then Tracey arriving next Wednesday.  Although I suppose if I really get up a creek, I can just take the reading with me to Winterswijk and do it on Sunday.  :/  It's week 5 of spring term, and I feel like I'm starting to lose my grip on Staying On Top Of Things.

In other news, I've started being a test subject for other peoples' experiments for some pocket change.  I've participated in two experiments and made 13 quid so far.  Not bad for an hour of work, all told.

In other other news, there is now a latch on the inside of my door that I am 99% sure was not there when I left this morning.  I appreciate the effort to make my room more secure or whatever, but this whole "letting ourselves in and metaphorically moving the furniture around" thing that the leasing agency keeps doing is wearing thin.  Not to mention, not a very nice thing to do to a person with a cold-addled brain.  Furthermore, I did not make my bed this morning.  How embarrassing.

Early night tonight, because I am absolutely knackered and I need to do some dissertation- and tutorial-planning tomorrow.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...