Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eeek!

I had my first mouse sighting last night.  I heard soon after I moved in that there was a mouse that lived in the upstairs kitchen, but didn't want to believe it.  Last night, it invited itself down to the downstairs kitchen.  I saw it scurry across the floor while I was watching TV in the living room.  I went to the B&Q (similar to Home Depot in the US) on Easter Road and bought some traps today.  They're the kind where the mouse wanders in and it snaps shut, and then you throw the whole thing away.  I've set one in the kitchen, so we'll see how it works.

In other news, Research Methods I is technically over, although the final exam isn't until November 3.  I had my first Professional Skills class yesterday.  I had high hopes for this one because the syllabus looks like it'll have some real, nitty-gritty practical application, but the lecturer has no idea what he's talking about and has admitted to that fact.  Plus, we're actually going to be taught by a few different people, so I'm not optimistic about continuity here.

Two missions tomorrow: Going to the Academic Registry for my census point, and getting my CV looked at.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...