Thursday, October 27, 2011

Big Brother is watching you.

I woke up with a sore throat and the beginnings of post-nasal drip this morning. I might have the guy who coughed unceasingly through class on Tuesday to thank for that.

Still nothing in the trap. I'm just going to assume that the mouse has gone on its merry way, because it takes very little to trigger that cheapo trap. A mouse sniffing the thing would probably do it.

Yesterday I did my first "attendance check-in," required for all Tier 4 visa students. It's meant to prove that I'm actually attending class, and not just gallivanting around Scotland. There will be another in February and a third in June or July. It all feels very Big Brother to me, but the Home Office has been on the news a lot lately trying to battle people who come into the country under false pretenses. If I get in a writing kind of mood someday, an essay on what it's like to be a legal immigrant in the UK might be in order.

I also got my CV looked over at the career services office. Basically, they approved, but said I should tailor it to each opening I apply for, which is good advice. Today's mission: applying for jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...