Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh God, I'm an idiot.

So it's the Friday before Orientation Week, and I've been getting a bit nervous because I haven't really received anything telling me what to do, how to matriculate, etc.  So today I took a very close look at my original offer letter, and on the very last page, there's a little website link that says "How To Matriculate."

I'm going to go ahead and make a long story short, and just say that today I discovered that I have a student email account, and an email with my matriculation form has been sitting in it for the last 4 weeks waiting for me to print it out, fill it out, and mail it in; or alternatively, scan and email it back.  All it took to find this email account was a little bit of digging in the MyEd portal.  Dumbass, party of one.

Since I don't have a printer, I'm going to go to my favorite little internet cafe on Blackfriars Street tomorrow (or maybe even tonight - I think they're open until 10pm) and print the thing out.  Hopefully they'll have a scanner too, so I can scan the finished thing and email it off quick-sharp.  I have a feeling that this is also why I haven't gotten a tuition bill.  Ohgodohgod, hopefully this can be fixed.  D:

***

In other news, I am now moved into my permanent abode.  I'm still putting clothes away, but the initial grocery shopping is done.  I need to go back out and buy a duvet and pillows though, because I took a closer look at the existing ones, and they're pretty gnarly.  I also took the initial steps to open a bank account today.  It should be up and running on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...