Monday, July 30, 2012

No relaxing until after August 17.

I might have spoken too soon about finding my productive groove.  I seem to have hit another wall with my data analysis.  At the moment I've put it to one side and am trying to write my introduction instead.

I'm abandoning most social media until after the due date, because I'm going to need every single one of my waking hours to devote to this thing for the next 18 days, and I'm not exaggerating at all.  This is shaping up to be a photo finish, which I'm not at comfortable with at all, but there's nothing to be done about it at this point except work my butt off for the time remaining.  And also try not to let the anxiety consume me so much that it makes me sick, because I need an illness right now like I need a hole in my head.

The one good thing that's happened lately is that the weather has improved.  I seem to have brought the sun back from Shetland with me, as it's been sunny for at least a portion of each day since I got back.  If only I had the leisure to go outside and enjoy it.  :/

Also, do not expect any posts about the Olympics.  I do not give a flying fart about the Olympics; I don't have the time to.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...