Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 2: Or, the kid gloves are coming off.

I never thought I'd consider 70 degrees Fahrenheit hot, but there it is.  And it's supposed to be equally warm and sunny for the rest of the week!

Second week of class, and the kid gloves are coming off.  I've got 70-odd pages of reading to do this week, in addition to two brief assignments.  I went to the library and studied today (even though it was really hard because it was so freaking warm in there), and finished basically everything for two of my classes.  Unfortunately the majority of this stuff is for the third.  Urk. 

I've discovered that even though I'm only technically getting graded on the final exam/paper for each of my classes, that doesn't mean that there's no homework.  And while not doing the homework won't technically count against my grade, it'll mean showing up to class unprepared and all the teacherly scorn that that entails.  Also, the more legwork I do now, the less I'll have to do when it's time to write my dissertation next summer.

Meanwhile, my bank account here is finally up and running, and it's going to be time to think about finding a part-time job soon.  Realistically, I don't think I'll be able to work for more than 12 hours per week.  I've got enough in the bank that I won't *have* to work for at least several months if I'm careful, but it'd be nice to have some money coming in as a safety net.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...