Monday, July 2, 2012

New flat!

I am all moved into my new flat!

It was an arduous weekend.  I don't know how I managed to accumulate so much STUFF during the ten months I lived at Kirk Street.  It took three trips on Saturday and one yesterday to get everything moved, and it would have taken more if my new flatmate Sam had not gallantly offered the use of his car for the third trip on Saturday.

So far, so good.  The kitchen is well-equipped and has a proper dining area, with a big window looking out on the garden.  My bedroom window also looks out on the garden, and my desk is situated in front of it, so I can look out while doing work.  The living area is big and light, too.  My flatmate Danielle is also a Masters student and does most of her work in there, and I think I am going to follow her example.

The flatmates:
Sam - from Warwick, England.  The only non-student living here.
Ieuan - from Shetland.  He's a PhD student at the University of Edinburgh.
Danielle - from Chicago.
Danielle's dog, Miller.

At the moment, Ieuan's girlfriend Heather is here for a visit, and a couple friends of Sam's, named Andy and Elva, are crashing here en route to their new flat.

***

In other news, I've just booked the train and ferry tickets, so I am officially going to Shetland on the 13th.  I've been asking Ieuan and Heather all about it, since they're both from there.  Heather is going to be in Lerwick while I'm there, so we already have tentative plans to meet up.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...