Thursday, July 26, 2012

Shetland summary/Dissertation 4-evah.

Visit Shetland - accomplished July 14-20, 2012.

Shetland was wonderful.  I looked at and bought crafty things, climbed hills, saw seals and puffins, watched waves breaking on rocks in an ocean a breathtaking shade of dark blue, listened to fiddle music, and went as far north as it is possible to go in the UK without convincing a local with a dinghy to give you a lift.  I also got to watch people shearing sheep, both the modern way, with an electric razor, and the old-fashioned way, with a serious pair of shears.  Eventually I hope to post pictures of all this.

For now, my dissertation owns my life.  I have finally found my stride with the data analysis, and not a moment too soon, because there are only 3 weeks left before the due date.  It's going to be tight.

In other news, the Olympics start tomorrow.  Reading the news, I am so glad I'm not in London right now.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...