Monday, July 9, 2012

Events of the past week.

In the past week, I have:
- Gone to a Fourth of July party, hosted by Kelley, the only other American on my course.
- Played beer pong for the first time ever, and discovered that I am halfway decent at it.  Yay!
- Made friends with Miller the dog, such that he sleeps in my bed more often than not, which is kinda nice.
- Gone to a little soap shop on Brunswick Street and purchased some lovely-smelling cinnamon and clove soap.  I also bought some mint soap, but haven't tried it yet.
- Slept in a completely empty dwelling for the first time since...possibly undergrad?  Sam and Ieuan are rock-climbing in the Peak District and Danielle is in Paris, so I have the whole flat to myself until Wednesday!
- Cooked scallops for the first time ever.  The oil spat at me with gusto, so I ended up cooking most of them directly on the surface of my frying pan.  They were edible, so I'm calling it a success!
- Made tiramisu for the first time in ages.  I couldn't find ladyfingers anywhere, so I used shortbread cookies instead.  It's in the fridge now, so I'll try it tomorrow and make an assessment then.
- Begun to panic a little bit about my dissertation.  But so is everyone else, so at least I'm not alone?  I have SO MUCH DATA, and now I need to sift through it and figure out what's relevant, and then I need to figure out how to present the relevant stuff in a coherent way.  AAAAHHHHHH.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...