Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dismal weather.

Blegh.  To anyone not following the news, Britain is having its wettest June in a century.  The Isle of Wight Festival this past weekend was underwater, as was Download earlier this month.  The sky over Edinburgh has been that horrible so-pale-gray-it's-almost-white smother blanket color for the past couple of days, and I loathe it. 

I've been trying to distract myself from the weather by planning future adventures.  I am pretty much officially going to Shetland in a couple of weeks!  I booked a hostel in Lerwick today, and the plan is to book some day excursions, as well as train and ferry tickets, tomorrow.  I've also been researching Uist.  The only multi-day tours I can find are wildlife tours.  Like, really srs bsns birdwatching tours.  And they cost more than I really want to pay.  I'm toying with the idea of just renting a bike and getting around that way, maybe even doing the entire Barra-Eriskay-South Uist-Benbecula-North Uist trek, but I doubt my biking skills/fitness are up to that.

Three days until the move!

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...