Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Doon tae London toon.

I took a spontaneous trip to London over the weekend!  This was approximately my fifth visit to London within my lifetime, but the first time I've gone down there since moving to Edinburgh.  I did a free walking tour which covered the usual sights (Buckingham Palace, 10 Downing Street, Green Park, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, etc), saw Les Miserables (also for the fifth time in my lifetime), went to Foyles and bought lots of books, and went to evensong at Westminster Abbey.  I also did the train journey to London and back in daylight for the first time ever.  While not one of the most scenic train journeys on earth, it's picturesque enough, running along the Scottish coast and through the English countryside.

Back to the books soon.  I have to do a presentation on Monday, which I haven't started yet.  Although I have picked my topic - like most of my peers, I'm just going to do it on the topic I wrote my planning paper on.

A minor milestone today: Sunset is now after 4pm again!  Hooray!

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...