Sunday, December 11, 2011

Farewell Elsa, 2006-2011.

My UNC laptop that I've had since 2006 finally rang down the curtain and joined the choir invisible a couple of days ago. I've got a loaner from Moray House so I can finish my last two papers without having to rely on the library computers. Speaking of which, stress paper is done and turned in, pro skills paper is about a third of the way done and due Tuesday, and planning paper has a couple hundred words written and is due Thursday. I'm doing my utmost to summon the motivation to finish the pro skills paper tonight, so I can submit it tomorrow and have the rest of the week to focus on planning.

If you heard about that terrific gale that hit Scotland last Thursday, I'm fine and we never lost power.  Although just about the entire city of Edinburgh, including the universities, the airport, most of the trains, the double-decker buses, and the Forth Road Bridge, was shut down by 2pm.  I think the north and west of Scotland got the worst of it by far. In other weather news, it's snowed twice overnight in the last week, maybe a half-inch of accumulation both times.

Home on Saturday!

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...