Sunday, September 2, 2012

Waiting.

My life is a waiting game at the moment. I'm waiting to see if my dissertation will pass (although I don't have any reason to think it won't). I'm waiting to hear back about jobs I've applied for. In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy my free time. I've been doing a lot of cross-stitching over the past few days, and the project I'm working on is finally nearing completion after about four and a half years of on-and-off work. I'm also close to finishing a couple of books. It was a nice day today, so I walked to the bottom of the Royal Mile and laid on the grass in front of the Scottish Parliament and read for a couple of hours (The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon).

If nothing is happening on the job front by the end of this upcoming week, I think I'm going to take a trip somewhere.  Probably the Uists.  I'm also aching to get back to Ben Lomond and finish climbing it, but Rowardennan is bloody difficult to get to even if you've got a car, and impossible to reach by public transportation.  Western Scotland, y u so remote?

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...