Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Preparations.

The Great Glen Way is now fully booked.  I'm staying at a very reasonably priced B&B in Spean Bridge the first night, which luckily does pick-up to and from the GGW, saving me seven and a half extra miles of walking.  I've also got a bed booked in Inverness on the last night, and a train ticket back to Edinburgh the following day.  My camera battery is charged.  I need to do laundry and pack, and then I'll pretty much be ready!

In other news, the weather was crazy today.  I woke up at 8:30 this morning to brilliant sunshine, which gave way to variable clouds by noon.  I went to the Moray House library to make some copies of my passport photo page, and when I went to leave, it was pouring down rain.  In the time it took me to use the restroom, the rain had stopped and the sun had come back out.  Scottish Weather, I tell you.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...