Friday, June 22, 2012

Some photos from March: Water of Leith and the Pentland Hills

On March 17, I walked the first eight miles of the Water of Leith Walkway, a path that spans 12 miles from Balerno, a suburb southwest of Edinburgh, to the Leith Docks, not terribly far from where I live.






The reason why I didn't do the full 12 miles was this:

It's a lovely walk, and doing the full length of it is definitely on the agenda.  I've revisited the first bit once or twice since then.

***

On March 31 (my birthday, incidentally), my plan was to go for a ramble in the Pentland Hills.  There's a sign on the Water of Leith pointing that way, so I took it.  I didn't quite make it all the way into the hills, but it was a nice day and I did walk through some nice fields.





Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...