Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ben Lomond: a preview.

Interrupting our regularly scheduled program to document that I attempted to climb Ben Lomond (3,196 feet) today, and sadly came up short.  I experienced four seasons in one day, had to convince the dog who desperately wanted to play fetch with the tree branch I was using as a walking stick that I needed that stick far more than she did, and for the first time ever, took longer to descend a mountain than I took to ascend it.  (About 3 hours ascending, 3.5 descending.)  All told, I made it about 3/4 of the way up.

Details and photos to follow at a later date.

Cheers y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...