Monday, November 14, 2011

Hypersomnia.

Sunset is creeping ever earlier (tonight: 4:07pm), and it's been cloudy the last few days.  Last night I felt like going to sleep at 8pm, and when I did go to sleep, I slept for almost 12 hours.  This happened to me when I visited Scotland back in January as well, when there were similar light conditions.

I've been diligently taking my vitamin D, so my mood is in pretty good shape for the moment, but I'm worried that my sleep cycle is going to get thrown seriously out of whack, just as I'm starting to write term papers.  I'm hoping I can keep the hypersomnia at bay if I put some sleep hygiene practices in place, so I'm going to start setting an alarm for 9am.  I haven't been setting alarms thus far because there's been no need - I have a 2pm class on Tuesdays, and that's my earliest commitment all week - but I think it'll be good to start doing so.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...