Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My brain, it is gone.

I think today will go down in history as the day I officially checked out at work.  Things went well until a little before noon, and then I (literally) went out to lunch and (figuratively) never came back.  And I still have seven days left to muddle through.

In other news, I got an email from the embassy in New York yesterday, saying that they got my package and have opened it and organized the contents in preparation for review by an immigration officer.  I will get another email when an immigration officer actually starts reviewing it, and when a decision has been made.

I have taken it into my head to learn how to cook properly, so that is this weekend's big project.  I'm starting with eggs (fried, scrambled, and omelets) and an easy- and yummy-looking Thai noodle recipe I found online.  When I lived alone during my last year of undergrad, I subsisted mainly on frozen dinners, instant rice, packaged tuna, and corn muffins.  I'm sure I'll still be eating those things in Edinburgh (minus the corn muffins, as I'm quite sure they don't sell Jiffy cornbread mix in the UK), but I figure if I can learn to cook four or five additional meals, I'll be able to eat fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...