Thursday, July 14, 2011

Good news and bad news.

Good news: The July bank statement finally appeared, so I (or rather, my mom - thanks Mom!) SHIPPED ALL THE THINGS today.  This includes my VAF-9 application, Appendix 8, my diploma and transcript from UNC, my appointment sheet from the biometrics people, the bank statement, a letter from my parents, my birth certificate, my passport, and a passport photo.  I paid the extra $12 with my application fee to get everything shipped back, but I found a little footnote on the immigration website that was all "MAIL COPIES OR YOU WON'T GET ANYTHING BACK!!one!!!" so I made copies of everything and sent those too, just to be safe.  So, my visa application should be in the hands of the British Consulate in New York tomorrow!

Bad news: I did not get the Saltire Scholarship.  Wah.  Also, I am having trouble finding a flat in Edinburgh.  But I'll go into that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...