Monday, April 2, 2012

Sleeping and eating habits.

It's assessment time again, which means my sleeping patterns have gone completely out the window.  Team Dynamics is due this Thursday, Peak Performance is due next Thursday, and my research proposal for the thesis is due the following Monday.

I might also have books to blame for my sleeping irregularities.  I finished Cross Stitch by Diana Gabaldon today, after staying up until 4:30 this morning closing in on the ending.  It's that good - a superb mixture of adventure, historical fiction, and romance, with just a pinch of sci-fi.  And the best part is, it's the first in a series of seven (soon to be eight).  Also, I recently finished my most recent re-read of Katherine by Anya Seton.  So now, for the first time in several months, I am only actively reading one book: The Conquest by Elizabeth Chadwick.

Current to-read list:
A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin
The Courtesan's Lover by Gabrielle Kimm
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
Lady of the English by Elizabeth Chadwick
Post Captain by Patrick O'Brian
Waverley by Sir Walter Scott

I am debating which book to start next.  It'll probably be either Courtesan or Zhivago.  I'd like to get some of the "stand-alone" books I've bought finished first, and then immerse myself in the Song of Ice and Fire series, the Aubrey-Maturin series, and the Outlander series.

***

Apart from my sleeping habits, my eating habits have also been thrown for a loop recently.  I'm extremely skint (i.e. broke, strapped for cash) right now.  At this precise moment, I have maybe £15 to my name.  My parents are paying off my credit card for my birthday (which was two days ago - happy birthday to me!), but until that payment goes through, I am on eggshells.  My cabinet is thoroughly stocked with rice and soup; otherwise I'd be going hungry.

And now, I really must get down to work.

Cheers, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...