Sunday, April 29, 2012

The last two weeks, in summary.

I will post a much longer entry later, but for now, here is the Reader's Digest version of the last two weeks:

Visit with family was grand, but all in all I was glad to see the back of them this morning. Grammy seems her age (nearly 85) for possibly the first time in my memory: her mobility and stamina are dwindling and I am painfully aware that if I want to visit Hawaii solo to see her, it needs to be sooner rather than later. Stonehenge is terribly overrated, Bath is not. Monmouth, Penallt, and the Wye Valley area are all extremely picturesque, while Cardiff may be the most unsightly city I have ever seen. I HAVE EATEN SO MUCH FOOD. Got comments back from my advisor re: my thesis proposal. While they were basically what I was expecting, I am literally a breath away from a panic attack right now. If I thought that all my problems were over now that all of my PGDip coursework has been turned in, boy was I wrong.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...