Friday, November 9, 2012

Music!...and coughing.

Good news: I'm going to Usher Hall to see a concert by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra tonight.  They're playing Ralph Vaughan Williams's Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis and Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, which are two of my favorite pieces of music. 

Bad news: I have a cough.  An obnoxious, chesty one.  I just went out and bought two rolls of cough drops, and I'm foreseeing myself sucking on them nonstop from now until the concert's over.  This is shaping up to be an interesting battle of wills, because I refuse to be That Person - the one who coughs all the way through the concert.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...