Monday, November 12, 2012

Music and rugby.

This was a grand weekend all around.  The RSNO concert on Friday night was great, even though I was violently suppressing a coughing fit for most of one of the quiet bits of Carmina Burana.  The Tallis Fantasia was AMAZING.  So exquisitely beautiful.  I will never get tired of that piece.

On Saturday night I went to a small get-together at my classmate Audrey's house in West Lothian, and yesterday I went to a pub in Stockbridge with Charley and some of her friends to watch the Scotland vs. New Zealand rugby game.  New Zealand won, quelle surprise.  Afterward, we stayed at the pub for a while and eventually Charley, her boyfriend Thomas, and I wound up at Thomas's flat in Newhaven.  We ate pizza and watched Disney's Fantasia.

I solemnly swear that I will start getting things organized to pack this week.

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...