Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cleaning house.

I've begun going through my things, earmarking what I'm going to donate or sell when my departure date gets a bit closer.  All my linens except two small blankets are going to be left, as are all of my office supplies.  I'll probably let my flatmates have the pick of those.  I've set aside six or seven books which I know I'm not going to read again, which I'm going to see if I can sell cheap at a secondhand bookstore.  The next step is going through the contents of my desk, and throwing most of it away.

This is a project I really meant to begin last week, but I've been in intense denial about my impending move back to the States.  Now I'm viewing it with a bit more equanimity - enough to start this particularly undertaking, anyway.

Tomorrow I'm off to Leeds!

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...