Thursday, June 30, 2011

Filling out the visa application.

After getting ink in the printer (courtesy of mom - thanks mom!), I applied for my visa this evening.  I filled out and submitted an online form, paid an exorbitant application fee, and made an appointment to get my biometrics taken next Friday, all in one fell swoop.  I also printed out the almighty Appendix 8 and filled that out by hand, because it'll be sent to the embassy in New York along with all of my supporting documents.  I also printed out the VAF9 Personal Details form, but I'm really not sure whether I'm supposed to fill that out by hand as well or not, because it asks all the same questions that the online application just asked.  Time to email the guy at Uni of Ed's international office again, I suppose.

Next step is getting all of my supporting documents together, which means I need to figure out how to get my diploma from UNC out of its frame (it seems to be glued in there).  I think it would also be helpful (though not necessary) if I could find my old expired passport.  I'd like to have everything together and ready to go by next Friday, so when my biometrics appointment is over I can just stick everything in an envelope and send it on its way.

Coming attractions: giving notice at work, scheduling doctors' appointments, booking a flight, and finding a place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...