Sunday, July 30, 2017

Week 2: Newquay to Bude, or English Summer Rain

This has been a week of contrasts, as well as a profitable week for the First Kernow buses at my expense.  From Newquay, I made my way up the coast to the quiet and picturesque town of Port Isaac. Then I went to the decidedly New Agey town of Tintagel, the supposed birthplace of King Arthur, and finally to the somewhat larger and more industrial town of Bude. Three very different places to finish off Cornwall and get prepared for the next part of this trip.

My run of good luck with the weather finally ran out this week, but such is life.

After more than a week off, I'm raring to go again. My rucksack is lighter. My body is acclimated and in better shape than when I first arrived. I start Offa's Dyke on Thursday. Go, go, go!

Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outer Hebrides and the Hebridean Way

Monday 3 June 2019 Long day of travel - with a hangover - yesterday.  Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow (which was late of course), then a l...